Our Muddy Puddle Adventure this week is……Gullivers Santa Sleepover – Rotherham
We had the best weekend while staying over at Gullivers Santa Sleepover. If you want to have a wintery, Christmasy time together as a family, I highly recommend this.
So here is what we got up to:
- We headed to the cabin on arrival while walking through a winter wonderland. Inside the central part of Gullivers, it was so Christmassy with a massive tree for the perfect backdrop to our family pics. We then found the outdoors and Christmas lights and twinkles took us to the Western Cabin.
- The Western Cabin was great. It is a caravan style but looks like a wooden lodge and had excellent facilities inside with the added special treat of an upstairs maisonette cabin for the kids to sleep in, which they loved!
- We then headed out for evening entertainment in the stage area that is dressed as a pirate ship.
- Simple yet yummy snacks consisted of a turkey role for us and chips and nuggets for the girls while we watched a panto. This then was followed by Christmas Bingo and dancing. The perfect evening!
- After a snuggly sleep, we then woke early to meet Santa! This was a brilliant grotto experience. You start with a walk through a winter wonderland and then you visit the room while being told a story by different actors, who are amazing! Until finally, you meet with Santa.
- Gullivers have chosen to do something slightly different present wise. Santa does not give you one; instead, the children choose one from the elf shop and Florence and Sienna liked that bit and the presents were perfect!
- Finally, we spent the rest of the day going on the rides, which was more than enough. There is also ample to do inside, too with soft play, wall climbing, go Karts should it rain or you need to go in for a warmer!
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Check-in from 4pm
- Light festive evening meal whilst watching stage entertainment at 6.15pm (7pm on Fridays)
- Hot turkey roll or quorn roll, fries, mince pie and coffee for the adults
- Chicken nuggets or veggie bites, fries, ice cream and squash for the children
- Early evening entertainment
Day 2 (Sunday)
- Breakfast bag consisting of a breakfast pastry, fresh fruit and a juice carton for adults. Cereal bar, fresh fruit, and a juice carton for kids. This will be delivered to your room. (Breakfast baps are available to purchase at reception in the mornings).
- Check out by 10am
- Winter Wonderland experience
- Santa will be making appearances throughout the day.
- Children choose their own gift from the Elf Workshop
- Christmas rides and attractions 11am to 4pm
More general info about Christmas at Gulliver’s Valley to talk around you’ll find it here: https://www.gulliversvalleyresort.co.uk/christmas-at-gullivers