We are committed in helping the education industrythrough outdoor learning to reduce waste and to teach the next generations about being more environmentally friendly. With eco-schools being taken out of the curriculum, schools have little to be accountable for in regards to waste. It is down to each of them to consciously put this at the forefront and we know as teachers they have enough to do. The Muddy Puddle Teacher approach was created with that in mind.
Just by simply doing The Muddy Puddle Teacher Approach, that still covers attainment an supports learning they are making and environmental impact, while reducing waste, saving energy and using less paper and plastics!
These are some of the things we are working on to better help achieve this Muddy Puddle dream:
- Inform schools of organisations like Barnardo’s and NPAC who can help reuse
- To work more with organisations that help schools reduce plastic
- To better promote those that encourage schools to reuse, recycle
- Support families in schools by providing packs and resources
- Support teachers and how they can apply this in their personal life
- Promote outdoor learning
If you are a company that want to share your sustainable supportive business, click here.
If you are a school and want to learn more about our sustainable methods. Click here.
Feel you have an expertise in this area and want to work for us. Click here.
What kinds of areas do we focus on?
– Outdoor Learning
– Reuse, recycle
– Junk and scrap
– Reducing printing and paper
– More wildlife in schools
– More natural spaces in schools
– Less electricity
– Reducing single use plastics
– Promoting more natural resources
– Reusing and making less uniforms
– Carbon footprint
– Connecting with nature
A teaching approach that uses an outside-in curriculum.
Reduce Waste | Outdoor Learning | Mindfulness | Wellbeing
EYFS, KS1, KS2
Become part of our Muddy Puddles family.
Train as a Muddy Puddle Teacher and start your journey towards
a more positive, natural and rewarding teaching career
Want to learn more about the mental benefits to our approach? Click here.