Use this page to find outdoor learning articles, bits of research and useful information. These muddy puddle links may come in handy for staff meetings, to hand-out to parents or for your own Muddy Puddle file 🙂
A teaching approach that uses an outside-in curriculum.
Reduce Waste | Outdoor Learning | Mindfulness | Wellbeing
EYFS, KS1, KS2
Become part of our Muddy Puddles family.
Train as a Muddy Puddle Teacher and start your journey towards
a more positive, natural and rewarding teaching career
Want to learn more about the mental health benefits of our approach? Click here.
Want Muddy more?
Check out some of our outdoor learning phonics activities by clicking here.
Want to know more about us?
An innovative teaching approach that uses an outside-in curriculum.
Use your outdoor space to enhance the learning inside and choose a new type of teaching style that puts the child at the core of all we do.
Become part of our Muddy Puddle family of schools and nurseries.
Train as a Muddy Puddle Teacher and start your journey towards a more positive, natural and rewarding teaching career. Click here to read about us.
Become a Muddy Puddle Teacher. Enrol here.
What are the benefits to our teacher training on the child?
- Improves speech and language
- Engages children’s attention and participation
- Draws in cross-curricula links
- Improves a child’s mental and physical wellbeing
- Improves teacher mental and physical wellbeing
- Brings a team together and develops team-building skills
- Develops creativity
- Develops imagination
- Provides opportunities for mastery
- Promotes mindfulness
- Extends higher abilities
- Reduces cost and waste
- Connect children with nature
- Supports SEND through sensory teaching
- What can our teacher training do for you and your staff?
What are the benefits for the teacher or educator?
- –Teach your staff how to use The Muddy Puddle Approach
- –Better connect your staff through team building
- – Improve their mental and physical wellbeing
- –Inspire them to want to do this and have the drive
- –Give them flexibility and options
- –Support their creativity
- Become a Muddy Puddle Teacher. Enrol here.