Use this page to get FREE outdoor learning advice and ideas. We believe in collaborative learning and for some of you it is not the time to invest in the outdoors. But that does not mean you cannot make a start on The Muddy Puddle Teacher Approachand we are here to help. Use this page, which is updated regularly to get access to the first stages of your Muddy Puddles journey and to help achieve outdoor learning success.
We have schools throughout the UK now using our approach to better support the learning inside by using the outside space! We are now carefully gathering up data to soon provide research on how this muddy puddle approach can impact on children of varying abilities and personalities. The Muddy Puddle Teacher approach together with outdoor learning really is providing something special not just for the child but teacher too. We will be compiling the teacher questionnaire shortly and revaling all results in our outdoor learning news section.
Benefits of this approach.
– Improves speech and language
– Engages children’s attention and participation
– Draws in cross-curricula links
– Improves child’s mental and physical wellbeing
– Improves teacher mental and physical wellbeing
– Brings a team together and develops team building skills
– Develops creativity
– Develops imagination
– Provides opportunities for mastery
– Promotes mindfulness
– Extends higher abilities
– Reduces cost and waste
– Connect children with nature
– Supports SEND through sensory teachingoutdoor learning muddy
A teaching approach that uses an outside-in curriculum.
Reduce Waste | Outdoor Learning | Mindfulness | Wellbeing
EYFS, KS1, KS2
Become part of our Muddy Puddles family.
Train as a Muddy Puddle Teacher and start your journey towards
a more positive, natural and rewarding teaching career
Want to learn more about the mental benefits to our approach? Click here.